1.0 – June, 2018
By using resources associated with the `Ike Wai Gateway Project, you agree to comply with the following conditions of use. For information regarding violations and enforcement, please refer to the `Ike Wai Gateway Project Master Information Security Policies & Procedures located at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lBogdvUA1FMnkCVVIcRVPSvXv24JZaOGYBbtfyf1Bu4/edit#heading=h.wjye4el216f6.
- This policy pertains to all users of the `Ike Wai Gateway Project.
You will not use `Ike Wai Gateway Project resources for illicit financial gain or any unlawful purpose, nor attempt to breach or circumvent any `Ike Wai Gateway Project administrative or security controls. You will comply with all applicable laws, working with your home institution and the specific `Ike Wai Gateway Project service providers utilized to determine what constraints may be placed on you by any relevant regulations such as export control law or HIPAA.
2. You will respect intellectual property rights and observe confidentiality agreements.
3. You will protect the access credentials (e.g., passwords, private keys, and/or tokens) issued to you or generated to access the `Ike Wai Gateway Project resources; these are issued to you for your sole use. Protecting these credentials includes the following requirements:
- You must only enter your `Ike Wai Gateway Project password into trusted resources, i.e., the `Ike Wai Gateway interface or secure system maintained by the user.
- You must not share any of your `Ike Wai Gateway Project credentials with any other person.
- Your usage should conform to the University of Hawaii Executive Policy EP2.210 Use and Management of Information Technology Resources. http://www.hawaii.edu/policy/docs/temp/ep2.210.pdf
4. You will immediately report any known or suspected security breach or loss or misuse of the `Ike Wai Gateway Project access credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Use of resources and services through the `Ike Wai Gateway Project is at your own risk. There are no guarantees that resources and services will be available, that they will suit every purpose, or that data will never be lost or corrupted. Users are responsible for backing up critical data.
6. Logged information, including information provided by you for registration purposes, is used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes. This information may be disclosed, via secured mechanisms, only for the same purposes and only as far as necessary to other organizations cooperating with the `Ike Wai Gateway Project.